Monday, May 21, 2012

God's Eye is on the Sparrow

Hello again!

We took in 10 baby quail that hatched in our barn.
My mom found the babies without their mother and we didn't know if she would come back, so here we are taking care of them!




(I thought I was done saving birds when I moved, because I did not have any more cats. The cats always brought them in for me to take care of. Well I think they wanted to eat them, but I did not give them that choice. If they had a bird, I took if from them no matter what!) I told my mom, "I thought I was done saving birds"
 and she said "The Lord is bringing them to you instead of the cats."

A few days after the quail came we saved a baby Sparrow. The birds have a nest on our back porch and my mom found the baby, hanging by its wing on the wall. We thought about putting it back, but we did not know how far in the bird nest was in the roof and she did not want to put her hand in there to find out in case of a spider. Also the mother might have kicked it out. :( That's sad if she did.)

My mom did not think the baby would live, but I prayed for it and the Lord answered my prayer!
I have been feeding him chick starter and he just loves to eat, so I feed him about every two hours. It sure has been a true blessing to see him grow!

The Lord was so mindful of us finding the sparrow, so it could live.
 Being able to take care of the sparrow, it reminds me of this scripture.

Matthew 10:24-31 (KJV)

24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

If He cares when a baby sparrow falls out of its nest how much more will He take care of us, from the biggest down to the smallest. He is so concerned about every part of our lives! Thank the Lord for His never ending love and all seeing eye! Let us fully rest in him for our every need!

                                      These pictures were taken a day or two after my mom saved it.


                                        
                                         These were taken today, six days after I got him.





                                         
                                      (P.S. Sorry my camera does not take very good pictures.)


Here is a dove with her two babies, who made a home in our barn.
It is so wonderful to see all the different kinds of birds and to see the babies grow and soon off to start their own families.


God Bless You Richly


Mindy


2 comments:

  1. How exciting :)
    When my cats bring me something it is usually beyond saving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Mindy! (: The baby sparrow is so cute..

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome and Enjoy! God Bless You!